Saturday, December 1, 2012

new york city in the fall, part two

Untitled

Untitled

On our second day in NYC, we decided to grab some breakfast in Williamsburg. We took the train down to Bedford Avenue and looked for a place to eat. I might have wanted to go to Allswell again, but alas, it wasn't open yet when we got there and we were too hungry to wait. After wandering around for what seemed like forever we found Bakeri, and oh my gosh am I glad we did. I couldn't have loved a place more. We got what seemed like the only table in the place and I enjoyed a cappuccino and a raspberry pistachio muffin (seriously the BEST muffin I have ever had in my entire life). Water came in an antique glass whiskey jar. So cute. So so so cute. It was pricey, as most independent cafes are, but it was so worth it.

Untitled

Afterwards we headed to SoHo, where we just wandered and shopped. It was lovely and I was too busy checking out all the shops to take any pictures. We eventually got hungry again and took the train across the river to Grimaldi's, under the Brooklyn Bridge. We met some guys at Grimaldi's and ended up walking back to the financial district across the Brooklyn Bridge with them. We split up at the other end, but it was a nice walk.

Untitled

Sarah and I had tickets to the 9/11 Memorial so we went and picked those up and after a marathon session at Century 21 we made our way over to the Memorial. It was lovely. I don't think it could have been any more well done. The long lines and security sucked but it moved quickly enough... and was fairly understandable given the location. Tickets are free, they just have to be reserved in advance.

Untitled

We then headed back to the hostel to freshen up before heading to the East Village to watch the American foreign policy debate (yay for election season) in a bar. It was surprisingly hard to find a bar that was airing the debate, but we managed it and even got seats. Afterwards we met up with the guys from Grimaldi's again and had a couple drinks.

All in all, another fantastic day in New York City.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every one and they are very much appreciated.

If you have any recommendations for my upcoming trips, please do let me know!