[Financial District, Battery Park]
I didn't realize how much we did on our second day in NYC until I went through the 394 pictures I have left from that day. Have left, you ask? Yes, I took wayyy more than that. But seriously, we did A LOT that day. So I will break this into a few segments.
We started the day bright and early, yet again, and promptly walking to our trusty 23rd Street subway station to head downtown. We got off at the World Trade Centre Station and wandered down (I believe) Trinity Pl. from there. While we definitely considered visiting the World Trade Centre site we opted not to on the basis of needing tickets and it costing money. Bailey really wanted to visit the memorial at St. Paul's Chapel but it was initially closed. So we ended up wandering around and grabbing some coffee before heading back. We checked out Century 21 (that giant discount department store you may have heard about). Was it worth it? Sort of. I would check out the shoe section again (I may still have regrets about not buying some super awesome super cheap rain boots) but I wouldn't bother with the clothing area. It wasn't even that busy or anything but it took a lot of picking through and there are so many better things you could be doing in NYC. Or better places to pick through (as you will later hear about).
After visiting the Chapel, we headed south towards Battery Park. We pretty much just wanted to see Lady Liberty.
We didn't take the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty but we got a decent enough view from the Park. We considered taking the free ferry past the Lady but we were tired and hungry and ultimately just didn't feel like it.
The Stock Exchange area around the Financial District was as crazy as you would expect it to be on
a) a weekday
b) a mid-june day with tons of tourists.
We got out of there quick.
The rundown on the financial district... would I revisit? Probably but if I was only visiting for a super short time I would probably skip this area. Maybe we didn't do it right. After all, neither of us are New Yorkers or have even even been before. So it could entirely be that we just missed out on the real gems of the Financial District. That said, I wasn't in love. It was lovely to wander but there were other areas that were more wonderful to wander. But if you have all the time in the world, then why not wander the entire city?
The rundown on the financial district... would I revisit? Probably but if I was only visiting for a super short time I would probably skip this area. Maybe we didn't do it right. After all, neither of us are New Yorkers or have even even been before. So it could entirely be that we just missed out on the real gems of the Financial District. That said, I wasn't in love. It was lovely to wander but there were other areas that were more wonderful to wander. But if you have all the time in the world, then why not wander the entire city?
Anyways. Day two will be continued in another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every one and they are very much appreciated.
If you have any recommendations for my upcoming trips, please do let me know!