[ central park, upper west side ]
We had to leave for the airport around 2pm on our last day so we decided to take it easy and soak in as much sunshine as we could before we embarked on another 8+ hour day of travelling.
We took the subway up to the upper west side and went into central park. We wandered the park for awhile. What I found the most fascinating about central park was just looking at the juxtaposition of the greenery next to the skyscrapers. I couldn't get enough pictures of it, either. Also, interestingly, you really notice the grandness of the city more from the park. Walking down the streets you don't realize just how high all the buildings are. Being in the park, away from the buildings, you really notice it.
After wandering we found a nice grassy/rock area (i don't love laying in the grass...) and read for a while, tanning. It was actually really nice and the perfect morning. All I could think about was how much I would just LOVE to live there and be able to lay on a rock reading a book in the summer heat whenever I wanted. With a view of NYC in the background, you know? It's just not the same here.
Once we got really hot and started to get hungry, we decided to head back into the upper west side for a last lunch in the city. We sort of had a location in mind but either we couldn't find it or it didn't look appealing once we got there (i don't remember which). Ultimately we found a small cuban place on (i believe) Amsterdam Ave where we shared a salad and a quesadilla. I wish I knew what it was called (note to self for future trips to ALWAYS take pictures of the places where I eat) because it was actually really good. And at $29 for 2 people, it wasn't a bad price.
Anyways, at around 1pm we started to head back to our hotel because our airport shuttle would get there around 2pm. We changed and then lounged around for a bit before heading back to Newark. The flights were all okay and on time and we got home weary around midnight.
Bailey kept joking that she didn't think I was going to come on the plane back with her, and you know what? She could have been right. If I had the guts to just pack up and move somewhere, without a plan or anything, that place would by NYC. Although, I guess, they might not like the whole me not being an American citizen thing. Oh well. One of these days I'll figure that kink out.
Until next time, New York. (also, I guess 'next time' won't be far away since another friend and I are going in October. so excited!)
daily costs: cuban food: $29
Such absolutely lovely photos!
ReplyDelete