Sunday, August 12, 2012

five things you should probably do in nyc

I really just can't get enough of NYC. Anyways, one last post before I start going further back in time and recounting my European exploits of last summer. I would like to reiterate that this is just based on my experience of being in the city for 6 days, but these are the five things that I would actually recommend doing.

IMG_2819

1. EAT AT SHAKE SHACK. Yes, yes, I know that caps lock makes it look like I'm yelling at you. But you know what? I am. Eat at Shake Shack, for the love. Get the Shack Stack. Maybe get two. Your life might just be complete afterwards. Also, like previously said, the original in Maddison Square Park is probably preferable, given that you're next to the Flatiron.

2. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Maybe it's just so you can say you did it. I don't know. But it's a lovely walk and you feel amazing looking behind (or in front) of you and seeing Manhattan. It's really special.

IMG_3415

3. Go up to the Top of the Rock. Not overrated at all. Well, maybe if you go at 3pm on a Saturday you might not enjoy it that much (i am assuming that there are huge lines at 3pm on a saturday? but i really don't know..). So go early. Lets say early on a weekday for good measure. But go. The views are unreal. Oh, but don't go on a foggy or rainy day (i've heard) because you don't get those amazing views.

4. Explore Chinatown. Go into a shop and haggle for that I Love NYC shirt from an old Chinese lady. Trust me. You'll feel like you've really experienced the city.

5. Ride the subways. The subways aren't scary. We didn't actually take any cabs, but we did take the shuttle van and that WAS scary. Seriously. The subways are made out to be evil and sketchy by television and movies but in reality we didn't have any issues whatsoever, even late at night. I mean, I would recommend being cautious but that's sort of common sense anywhere when your travelling. 

IMG_3465

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun list! I have seen so many pictures from the Shake Shack and I can't wait to eat there one day...wish there was one in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to visit NYC again. I used to live there, but before I met Dave, he still hasn't been and I really want to show him around.
    Great photos and tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only done one thing on that list (ride the subway).. guess I better go back! ;)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't mention the park? I've never been to NY, but I think I would visit central park ... Or am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely agree with all of this!

    Jessica
    www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every one and they are very much appreciated.

If you have any recommendations for my upcoming trips, please do let me know!