
One week until my best friend and I go to NYC for 6 days. Holy am I ever excited. But before I can go and see the awesomeness that is NYC for the first time, we have to plan.
Some insight:
- NYC hotels are EXPENSIVE. We decided that we did not want to stay in a hostel dorm (which we have both done before and didn't mind but decided it wasn't the right fit for this trip) and we didn't want to spend a ton on a hotel. Finding a cheapish hotel that fit that criteria was extremely hard. We'll see if we made the right choice...
- There is a lot to see and do in NYC. We've decided to plan our days out (something that I personally don't normally like to do when travelling) so that we can actually see what we want to see. Currently, our days are booked into 'sections', wherein we see specific areas of the city on specific days. I think this will be a great way to do things, but I guess we'll see for sure if it works in a couple of weeks.
- How do you pack for the big city? I know how to pack for backpacking through Europe, but packing to look decent baffles me. Especially when our airline charges for checked luggage. So, do I check a bag for $50 (round trip) or do I try to fit 6 days worth of nice clothes and toiletries into a carry-on?
Hopefully all of these questions, and more, will be answered in a couple weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every one and they are very much appreciated.
If you have any recommendations for my upcoming trips, please do let me know!